Home S T R E T C H

Salaams to one and all. I haven't been blogging much, let alone writing in my own. I hope all is well with each and every one of you inshaallah.

Status: 2 weeks left inshaallah! Tired. No EXHAUSTED. Sinus infection w/ bronchitis. Can't sleep because I am congested and my asthma is TOTALLY aggravated. Heartburn. Weird dreams. Non-stop trips to the loo. Blood Glucose well controlled.

Alhamdulillah everything comes from GOD. I'm not really complaining lol. I just can't wait!

I envy my habib, his gentle soul, as he sleeps like an angel, ever so peacefully, not even remotely aware of the chaos that will ensue upon us. Mashaallah he has been even more helpful and supportive. He's been cooking, washing dishes, putting up with my nesting insanity, and he just bought me the niftiest new cell phone LOL. We match now. He appreciates the little things I manage to get done at this point. He tied my shoes for me the other day. He's been doing the laundry since Ive been told not to lift anything heavy (we have to go the laundromat-ugh). I just feel he is going the extra mile for me, so I can enjoy what is left of the pregnancy, since I just stopped working. I felt great up until this past weekend, I felt unstoppable-full of energy. Now I am sapped.

I did learn a neat trick yesterday. My mom told me that if I press my curtains while wet, the wrinkles will come out. What a difference wrinkle free window dressings make! I'm very proud of my efforts! I just had this horrific urge to take them down, wash and iron them. It was torturing me. Today, my task for today will be to leave a to-do list for my mom and sisters whilst I am giving birth! Can you imagine? I would never do that, but they are willing-

I hope that inshaallah while I am laboring, my mom/sisters just come into our house, and maybe do quick straightening up of our apartment, nothing major.......to make sure I am set for visitors. My biggest request is to have fresh bedding for baby and I when we get home. That is it really. Nice crisp linens after being in hospital sheets will feel glorious. I have asked them to put the bassinet together, and to wash all the bedding that comes with it, once I go into labor.

Bags are packed. Camera batteries are charged. Gray hairs to be colored tomorrow night inshaallah. Will exfoliate feet and legs tonight. Eyebrows/stray whiskers to meet their demise this evening. Will attempt, if not in labor this weekend, to make a few one dish meals and freeze them.

This is what I packed, moms please tell me if anything is missing (2 day stay anticipated inshaallah):

1. toothpaste, floss, mouth wash
2. antiperspirant, favorite body wash and lotion
3. blow dryer, comb, brush, tweezer (for rogue sprouts), hair clip, rubber band.
4. make-up. I know.
5. ginormous sanitary napkins
6. pads for bra (in case I spring a leak), lanolin
7. stretchy nursing bras
8. 5 pairs bloomers
9. socks
10. giant terry robe that takes up half of bag, flip flops for shower
11. fluffy feminine slippers
12. 1 pair jammies that cover (for visitors), with easy access for baby.
13. al-amira hijab
14. outfit for baby, beanie cap, onesie, teeny socks, knitted sweater and blanket, baby comb
15. comfy nightgown to sleep/nurse in.
16. love letter for my habib. must remind husband how important he is to us, and that I could not do this without his gentle love and support.
17. give endless thanks and praise to Allah, always.

I *think* Ive got my bases covered. Maybe i should toss a book in there too, just in case.

Birth plan: I'm pretty flexible. I've had some serious discussions with my doctor who is totally awesome. We think alike. Pain meds: yes, epidural: undecided, probably no. Birthing coach: husband only. I do not want an audience. I do not want to see the birth. No mirrors! Low lights, quiet environment. Episiotomy: yes, please. I have no desire to be massaged or to tear. I feel so at peace with my plan AND my doctor. It's a good feeling. Ive thought a lot about my major choices, and hope inshaallah there are no complications. Should something arise, I feel safe knowing that my doctor is there for us.

May Allah protect us and keep us in his care, Ameen.

iMuslimah

7 Birds Chirpin':



Mumina said...

It is good to hear from you. I have been checking your blog like once every couple days to see a word from you - I started to think that something was up with the pregnancy, either delivery or whatever! But it's good to hear from you, alhumduhlillah, and that you are doing well. May Allah reward your husband for being so helpful. I never experienced that during either of my pregnancies. But anyway - I think you covered everything with what to pack. Maybe a Qur'an or some Qur'an audio too. At least, I would want it, but that's up to you.

You don't want to see the birth?! I watched both my babies come out, it is amazing to see. But I can understand that you don't want to see - my kids father was so quiet when he saw our first one coming, I kept telling him "look, look!" But he didn't really want to. He was looking more at me - he later told me that he felt like he would pass out.

Hijabi Apprentice said...

Asalaamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,

Dear Sister,

Masha Allah! You really have it together. I'm only 4 months along and I have no energy so I take my hat off to you! Sheesh, I better get on the ball.

I pray that all goes well for you and the baby and Allah makes it an easy delivery. Ameen.

ma'a salaamah,

ha

Sketched Soul said...

As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dearest sister,

May Allah make it easy for you, and grant you a healty baby. Ameen.

Wa'alaykum as-salaam
Love Farhana

Safiyyah said...

As Salaamu Alaikum Dear Sis:

Oh, I'm so proud of you! May Allah (swt) care for you and your family/Ameen.

Umm Salihah said...

Assalam-alaikam Ukhti,
your words have brought tears to my eyes. You are a mujahidah now, a warrior amongst women until the time you stop breast-feeding your baby.

Allah bless you and the baby and make every moment easy and precious for you. Allah keep you both safe and well.

I know exactly how the nesting thing feels, its ridiculous, but can't be helped I would say sod the visitors, you need rest and to let the house be a mess, but I felt the same way).

I forgot all about the wierd dreams and not being able to reach my feet - how we take that for granted.

You seem to have everything covered for the birth plan and hospital bag, unless you want to pack a little something to eat. The love-letter is an absolutely brilliant idea

My mum, gran and mum-in-law told me not to read for a couple of weeks after the birth and I didn't listen, my eyes got worse.
They also said to avoid heels, lifting anything, getting cold or washing in or drinking cold water. In their culture the new mother is kept in bed for 40 days and massaged every day so that her body can heal. They say if you don't take care in the first few weeks, when you are older the aches and pains emerge (I have no idea if this is true, but I tried to listen to them).

They also kept giving me lots of chicken soup afterwards. I'll try and put up a recipe soon insh'Allah.

Sorry about the essay-comment, but I am so excited for you.

American Muslima Writer said...

Masha'Allah! I hope you're doing well and hanging in there! Looks like you're totally covered with supplies!
You might add a personal CD player to play Qur'an for waiting for contractions or while giving birth or after while babay is sleeping...or play anything that sooths you too.
I finished my last Harry Potter Book (7th) the night before waiting for begining of contractions in the hospital.
I'm glad you and your doc have the same plan that is soo re-assuring!

I wish you and your family well.
______________________________
You're tagged "Let's Hope"
See my blog :) (When you have time)

jilbabble said...

sa! wow.. you are almost there! I can't wait til this jilbaby evacuates the premises..

i just finished washing, folding and putting away the clothes, blankets, etc. I am trying to pack and I'm at a loss. your list looks good to me! I think I will swipe it from you!!!