Finally, A Moment to Catch My Breath

What a week it has been. I am so relieved that the big move is over and that alhamdulillah we are very happy in our new apartment. We were cramped in a 600 square foot upstairs apartment with one bedroom, and finally found a great apartment with two bedrooms, groud floor, private entrance and approx 1000 square feet! It is so freeing, in so many ways to be here. No more clutter, more closets, iBaby has his own room now and adjusted immediately. We are all sleeping much better. My only regret is that we didn't do this sooner, however we waited to get the best deal possible.

Eid was OK. Alhamdulillah we are well, and lived to see another one. We moved right smack in the middle of Eid, so we didn't do anything special. My hub went for Eid prayer, and I stayed home with a coughing, sniffling little boy. He is OK, had a touch of croup.

Inshaallah I am excited to have more space, and now we can have family and friends over for dinner. So many jumped in to help us move last weekend. My husband would like us to make an authentic Tunisian meal to thank them all for their time.

I have been off from work for about a week, and how I loved it. I went back to work this yesterday hamdullah, but I miss being home with my little tribe. My son is now communicating with two words at a time, and it KILLS me to be away. Last night as I was leaving, my son looked at me and ask " I come?". I got in my car and cried. He is too sweet for words. The other day I was feeling a little weepy about a few things, and I started to cry. The little bear came up to me and asked "u cy-in, u ok?".

Im driving a loaner car from the dealership we got my wheels from. Our car has had some serious problems that cant seem to be fixed. It has less than 10,000 miles, and I certianly hope we don't have a lemon on our hands inshaallah.

We had a new bed delivered to our new place the day we moved in. Buying a mattress is basically a gamble. There is really no way to know, in the showroom, if laying on a bed for 15 seoncds is going to really give you an idea of what it will belike to sleep on it. Our first night here, we were drop dead exhausted, beyond what we thought possible. We managed to eat, get showers and we COULD NOT WAIT to go to sleep. It was like sleeping on concrete. My husband ended up on the couch, and I seriously contemplated the floor. What a dissappointment! We have decided to give it time, two weeks- before we send it back. So far- its getting really comfortable!!! I think its a keeper!

That's about it for boring updates. i hope you are all well and had a very blessed Eid!


3 Birds Chirpin':

Mama Kalila said...

Glad the move went well & hope your little one is doing better.

Understood on the not wanting to leave thing because I see my husband go through it. Kalila begs him to stay now, or tries to leave with him. Its so sad to watch.

Anonymous said...

Glad the move went well!
congrats :)
We will be moving next yr I am sooo not looking forward to it.
I have moving.

Umm Aaminah said...

A'salaamu alaikum sis. Just reading through your posts and noticed you are married to a brother from Tunisia. I just remarried in December and my husband is from Tunis as well masha'allah.

Since my husband has been in this country he has only met one other person from his home country so I just thought I'd give a shout-out to you. :-)

Oh my most recent post is concerning a Tunisian feast my zawj cooked for me. Niiice masha'allah. :-)

Ma salama...